This position is based in the following locations:
Takamatsu City (Shinkitamachi School, Kameicho School)
Takamatsu is a laid-back, modern city off the beaten path in Kagawa Prefecture (Shikoku Island). It’s home to Japan’s famous Sanuki udon and borders the Seto Inland Sea, one of The New York Time’s top 52 places to visit in the world.
- 260,000-350,000 JPY/month
- Health insurance (National Health Insurance NHI)/Pension (National Pension System)
- 4 weeks of paid time off that starts accruing on day one
- Yearly performance-based bonus (after 1 year of employment)
- Yearly salary increase possible based on performance
- Daily transportation costs fully reimbursed
- Relocation allowance
- Visa sponsorship possible
Do you have what it takes to help lead our fast-growing company to new heights? We’re looking for a highly-motivated person with excellent leadership and problem-solving skills to join us. If you’re passionate about teaching, but want to take on more responsibilities and challenges in a career that will grow with you, then apply for our Operations Manager Position to oversee daily operations of two locations in Takamatsu, Kagawa.
The position will report to and work closely with the CEO and school director while communicating daily with the teaching staff and management staff to ensure smooth daily operations. The position will be responsible for quickly learning and using our teaching methods as well as helping to increase efficiency and efficacy of lesson planning procedures (classroom and online).
One of the main responsibilities of this position will be to teach energetic, high-quality lessons using our teaching methods and resources. This position will also be in charge of coordinating events, preparing weekly lesson plans, and holding teacher training sessions. As the number of students grows and a need to hire additional teachers arises, this position has the potential to transition to a full-time operations director with a reduced number of teaching hours.
Additionally, our company creates, produces, and markets our own brand of EFL/ESL resources which are used globally. All Step by Step English team members actively participate in the development and marketing operations. This position will actively be involved as well.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the CEO and school director in providing operational oversight to two locations in Takamatsu City
- Teaches energetic English lessons to students in small groups or one-on-one primarily ranging from 1 – 12 years old
- Coordinates events in our schools or at locations around the city to promote and market our English program
- Creates weekly lesson outlines using our dedicated lesson planning software to be used by the teaching and management staff
- Assists with development and marketing of textbooks and online resources
- Edits and provides ideas/feedback to improve blog posts, video scripts, and other marketing materials
- Communicates with potential and existing English-speaking customers and about inquires and curriculum support related to BINGOBONGO Learning
Future Duties and Responsibilities (Depending on company growth)
- Oversee HR related tasks including hiring and training new teachers
- Experience developing and implementing EFL/ESL curriculum for kids (physical, virtual, digital, or hybrid)
- 3+ years in EFL/ESL or related field, preferably within the private sector
- Friendly and passionate about teaching children
- Highly organized with strong and sustained attention to detail and high standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced technological skills (spreadsheets, database management, and willingness to learn new technologies for greater effectiveness and efficiency)
- Prior experience in event planning and management
- Preferences will be given to candidates with a conversational level of Japanese (N3 or higher)
- Native-level English fluency required
- Must currently reside in Japan
Send a cover-letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
1. A link to a video (YouTube, Dropbox, etc.) with a short self-introduction in English and Japanese
2. A link to a video (YouTube, Dropbox, etc.) of a mock online lesson. For this lesson, prepare and record a 5-minute video that 5-year-old students could use to study colors at home.
Only candidates who submit the required materials and meet the position requirements will be contacted.
Please note that a background check is required for employment.